Now that we connected successfully to Firebird through JDBC, let’s see if MySQL Migration Tool can connect and migrate the data to MySQL, our intermediary stage for migrating to Oracle.
Migration from Firebird to MySQL
In addition to what we installed during Part 1, we need to install MySQL 5.0 Community Server, the free version, which comes by default (not the Essential Edition) with MySQL Migration Toolkit.
1. Start MySQL Migration Toolkit
3. Set the Source connection as:
- Database System: Generic JDBC
- Class Name: org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBDriver
- Connection string: jdbc:firebirdsql:localhost/3050:employee
- Username: sysdba
- Password: masterkey
4. Set the Target connection as:
- Database System: MySQL Server
- Hostname: localhost
- Port: 3306
- Username: root
That was it!
The next step is migration from MySQL to Oracle